After a severe spine injury disrupts the life of a loved one, the family pools their resources to find out all they can about spine injuries in hopes of offering additional help and hope. When you hire a personal injury lawyer from SpineInjuryLawyers.com, you can bet that your legal team will provide a variety of trusted resources you can use to better understand all aspects of spinal cord injury and connect with other families going through the same thing.
Here, we’ve provided a list of several key organizations involved in spine injury research, networking, and advocacy.
- National Spinal Cord Injury Association — Offers peer support, advocacy, and active-lifestyle suggestions to empower people living with spine injuries
- Facing Disability — Interview videos compiled from spinal cord injury patients, their families, and spinal injury medical experts
- Spinal Cord Society (SCS) — International collaboration promoting research for a cure
- Center for Paralysis Research — Purdue University-based research hub
- Darrell Gwynn Foundation — Promotes and funds targeted spinal cord injury research and patient services
- American Spinal Injury Association (ASIA) — Network for medical professionals and others to promote high standards of spinal injury treatment, encourage research, and educate victims, families, and caregivers
- Canadian Spinal Research Organization — Dedicated to improving research efforts through fundraising, ultimately to improve patients’ quality of life and find a cure for paralysis
- Christopher & Dana Reeve Foundation NeuroRecovery Network — Funds research for spinal treatment with a comprehensive source of information for paralyzed people and their caregivers
- Foundation for Spinal Cord Injury Prevention, Care & Cure — Dedicated to raising public awareness of spinal cord injury and providing research funds
- Life Rolls On — A resource for young spinal cord injury patients from the Christopher & Dana Reeve Foundation
- International Campaign for Cure of Spinal Injury — Informative resource for anyone interested in spinal cord research
- Miami Project to Cure Paralysis — Comprehensive resource initiated by the University of Miami School of Medicine
- United Spinal Association — Offers valuable information to spine injury victims regarding disability rights advocacy, wheelchairs, and barrier-free design
- Morton Cure Paralysis Fund — All-volunteer group that has raised over $1 million for spine injury research
- Roman Reed Foundation — Offers funding for spinal cord injury research with a focus on regenerative medicine
- Spinal Cord and Brain Injury Research Center — Research hub for spine injury effects and treatment based at the University of Kentucky College of Medicine
- Spinal Cord Injury Information Network — Provides news and updates in the field of spinal cord research and treatment
- Spinal Cord Injury Network International (SCINI) — Offers health care referral services for spine injury victims
If you or a member of your family has suffered a serious spinal cord injury, please click here to find a personal injury lawyer in your area.